Last Updated: July 28, 2021
When you visit our site anaaraisin.com (the “Site”), and more generally, use any of our services (the “Services”, which include the Site), we appreciate that you are trusting us with your personal data. We take your privacy very seriously.
This privacy notice applies to all data collected through our Services (which, as described above, includes our Site), as well as, any related services, sales, marketing or events.
The words of which the initial letter is capitalised have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
a. User: a person or entity that visits this Site (“Ana A Raisin”) and uses its Services.
b. Subscriber / Follower: any person or entity on your Distribution List.
c. Distribution List: a list of Subscribers and all data related to those Subscribers.
d. You (capitalised or otherwise): a User or a Subscriber/Follower.
e. Site: refers to “Ana A Raisin” (anaaraisin.com) and may also be referred to as “we”, “us”, or “our”.
f. Service: refers to our Site.
g. Personal Data / Information: any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person
2. Information we collect about you
Personal identification data you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that users provide us with.
We collect Personal Data that you voluntarily provide to us when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, when you participate in activities on the Site (such as by posting messages on blog posts, entering competitions, contests or giveaways) or otherwise when you contact us.
The Personal Data that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Site, the choices you make and the products and features you use.
The Personal Data we collect may include the following:
- Personal Data provided by you. We collect names; email addresses; and other similar information.
All Personal Data that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Data automatically collected
In Short: Some information – such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our Site.
We automatically collect certain data when you visit, use or navigate the Site. This data does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Site and other technical information. This data is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Site, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect data through cookies and similar technologies.
The data we collect includes:
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Site and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the Site (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searched and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ‘crash dumps’) and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the Site. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Site. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on their device. Note however, if a you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
3. How do we use your information?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfilment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use Personal Data collected via our Site for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your Personal Data for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send administrative information to Users. We may use your Personal Data to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To protect our Services. We may use your data as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To encourage a safe online experience and enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other business purposes. We may use your data for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends (e.g. traffic patterns, customer interest, etc.), determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Site, products, marketing and your experience. We may use and store this data in aggregated and anonymised form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include Personal Data.
Legal basis for processing Personal Data
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”), Ana A Raisin generally acts as a processor on behalf of our Users. When Ana A Raisin processes Personal Data as a data controller, we do so on the following legal bases:
- To perform our contract with you for the use of the Services:
- In reliance on our legitimate interests in administering, operating, and supporting the Services;
- In reliance on our legitimate interests in providing certain features;
- In reliance on our legitimate interests in preventing fraud and abuse;
- In reliance on our legitimate interests in meeting legal requirements;
- In reliance on our legitimate interests in improving the Services;
- In reliance on our legitimate interests in supporting our marketing activities;
- In reliance on our legitimate interests in providing network and information security; and
- You provided us your consent.
4. Will your information be shared with anyone?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide your with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfil business obligations.
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your Personal Data for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your Personal Data to fulfil the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in repose to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your Personal Data in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- Other persons or entities. Persons or entities with whom you consent to have your Personal Data shared.
We will never sell, rent, or lease your Personal Data to a third party. However, if your Personal Data cannot be used to identify you or another person (i.e. anonymised, Non-Personal Data), we may disclose it for any purpose.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Your web browser places cookies on their hard drive for record-keeping purposes and sometimes to track information about them, such as the time you spend on our Site, pages visited, and email campaign performance.
When we send emails to Subscribers, we may use web beacons to track who opened the emails and clicked links to measure campaign performance and improve features for Subscribers and Users. We also use web beacons in the emails we deliver for Subscribers to create reports about campaign performance and determine what actions Subscribers took.
6. What is our stance on third-party sites and public data?
In Short: We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third-party providers who advertise, but are not affiliated with, our Site. Neither are we responsible for any content posted by you or other Users.
We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of any third parties, including other sites, services or applications that may be linked to or from the Site. The inclusion of a link or accessibility of third-party sites does not imply endorsement of such third-party site by us. All trademarks, trade names, and logos of third parties featured on the Services belong to their respective owners.
You should review the policies of such third parties and contact them directly to respond to your questions. You are responsible for knowing and understanding their policies and terms.
We may provide areas on the Services where you can publicly post information. This information may be read, collected, and used by anyone. Although we monitor content posted by third-party users, we do not endorse the information posted by third-party users, are not liable for your or third-party posts to the Services, and specifically disclaim any liability resulting from such posts.
7. How long do we keep your information?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Data, we will either delete or anonymise such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
8. What if a User is under 13 years of age?
In Short: This Site does not target or knowingly collect Personal information from children under the age of 13. If we happen to do so, we will remove such data.
Our Services are not directed to and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Data, we will take steps to remove such data. If you become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data without your consent, please contact us using the contact form available below. By using the Services, you are representing to us that you are not under the age of 13.
9. How do we keep your information safe?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organisational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate, commercially reasonable technical and organisational security measures designed to protect the security of any Personal Data we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorised third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, transmission of Personal Data to and from our Site is at your own risk. You should only access the Site within a secure environment (as you should any Site).
10. What are your privacy rights?
In Short: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area (EEA) and United Kingdom (UK), you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the EEA and UK), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right:
- To request access and obtain a copy of your Personal Data;
- To request rectification or erasure;
- To restrict the processing of your Personal Data; and
- If applicable, to data portability.
In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data. To make such a request, please use the contact form provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you are a resident in the EEA or UK and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here.
If you are a resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Site. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Site, click here.
11. Controls for do-not-track features
12. Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Secion 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of Personal Data (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact form provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Site (if there is such a service provided), you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Site. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact form provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Site, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g. backups, etc.).
The California Code of Regulations defined a “resident” as:
- Every individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose and
- Every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose
All other individuals are defined as “non-residents”.
If this definition of “resident” applies to you, we must adhere to certain rights and obligations regarding your personal information.
What categories of personal information do we collect?
We have collected the following categories of Personal Data in the past twenty-four (24) months:
|A. Identifiers||Contact details, such as real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address and account name||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records Statute||Name, contact information, education, employment, employment history and financial information||YES|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Gender and date of birth||NO|
|D. Commercial information||Transaction information, purchase history, financial details and payment information||NO|
|E. Biometric information||Fingerprints and voiceprints||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, online behaviour, interest data, and interactions with our and other sites, applications, systems and advertisements||YES|
|G. Geolocation data||Device location||YES|
|H. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||Images and audio, video or call recordings created in connection with our business activities||NO|
|I. Professional or employment-related information||Business contact details in order to provide you our services at a business level, job title as well as work history and professional qualifications if you apply for a job with us||NO|
|J. Education information||Student records and directory information||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information||Inferences drawn from any of the collected personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics||YES|
We may also collect other Personal Data outside of these categories instances where you interact with us in-person, online, or by phone or mail in the context of:
- Receiving help through our customer support channels;
- Participation in customer surveys or contests; and
- Facilitation in the delivery of our Services and to respond to your inquiries.
How do we use and share your Personal Data?
You may contact us by referring to the contact form at the bottom of this page.
If you are using an authorised agent to exercise your right to opt-out we may deny a request if the authorised agent does not submit proof that they have been validly authorised to act on your behalf.
Will you information be shared with anyone else?
We may disclose your Personal Data with our service providers pursuant to a written contract between us and each service provider. Each service provider is a for-profit entity that processes the information on our behalf.
We may use your Personal Data for our own business purposes, such as for undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration. This is not considered to be “selling” of your Personal Data.
Ana A Raisin has not disclosed or sold any Personal Data to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding 12 months. Ana A Raisin will not sell personal information in the future belonging to site visitors, users and other consumers.
Your rights with respect to your personal data
Right to request of the data – Request to delete
You can ask for the deletion of your Personal Data. If you ask us to delete your Personal Data, we will respect your request and delete your Personal Data, subject to certain exceptions provided by law, such as (but not limited to) the exercise by another consumer of his or her right to free speech, our compliance requirements resulting from a legal obligation or any processing that may be required to protect against illegal activities.
Right to be informed – Request to know
Depending on the circumstances, you have a right to know:
- whether we collect and use your Personal Data;
- the categories of Personal Data that we collect;
- the purposes for which the collected Personal Data is used;
- whether we sell your Personal Data to third parties;
- the categories of Personal Data that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- the categories of third parties to whom the Personal Data was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Data.
In accordance with applicable law, we are not obligated to provide or delete consumer information that is de-identified in response to a consumer request or to re-identify individual data to verify a consumer request.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights
We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
Upon receiving your request, we will need to verify your identity to determine you are the same person about whom we have the information in our system. These verification efforts require us to ask you to provide information so that we can match it with information you have previously provided us. For instance, depending on the type of request you submit, we may ask you to provide certain information so that we can match the information you provide with the information we already have on file, or we may contact you through a communication method (e.g. phone or email) that you have previously provided to us. We may also use other verification methods as the circumstances dictate.
We will only use Personal Data provided in your request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. To the extent possible, we will avoid requesting additional information from you for the purpose of verification. If, however, we cannot verify your identity from the information already maintained by us, we may request that you provide additional information for the purposes of verifying your identity, and for the security or fraud-prevention purposes. We will delete such additionally provided information as soon as we finish verifying you.
Other privacy rights
- you may object to the processing of your Personal Data
- you may request correction of your personal data if it is incorrect or no longer relevant, or ask to restrict the processing of the data
- you can designate an authorised agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. We may deny a request form an authorised agent that does not submit proof that they have been validly authorised to act on your behalf in accordance with the CCPA.
- you may request to opt-out from future selling of your Personal Data to third parties. Upon receiving a request to opt-out, we will act upon the request as soon as feasibly possible, but no later than 15 days from the date of the request submission.
To exercise these rights, you can contact us by referring to the contact form at the bottom of this page. If you have a compliant about how we handle your data, we would like to hear form you.
13. How can you review, update, or delete the data we collect from you?
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the Personal Data we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your Personal Data, please contact us using the contact form provided below.
14. Do we make updates to this policy?
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
15. Your acceptance of these terms
16. How can you contact us about this policy?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact us using the contact form provided below.